Friday, May 7, 2010

First Post...single momma's at the end of her rope!!

Hi Everyone!!

This single Momma is at the end of her rope and needs to blog, blog, blog the stress away...lol...Fact is I don't know how else to do it. I was told to keep a journal to vent my thoughts, that it would help. My reaction...why bother, no one else will hear my rantings. Besides that, the reason to vent is to be validated or told you're out of your frickin' mind. So here I am. Time to vent. And hopefully, find out I'm not the only single Mom in the world who thinks she's going crazy. Here's a little introduction to me and my little family and the goings on in our lovely life...

Don't get me wrong...my kids are beautiful and I love them. But sometimes, they just push my buttons and get me dangling at the end of my rope.

My seven year old boy is in grade one, french immersion...and active, very active! from the moment his feet hit the floor in the morning he's running and doesn't stop until his head hits the pillow at night. He is also an extremely smart kid. He reads at a grade 6 level and is just a sponge for information. Problem is, he's too smart for me...lol....I can't work a bribe on this kid, he catches on to all of them. Time outs never worked with him and he can always figure out what I'm up to and has become really good at the art of negotiation. But it's a joy to watch him in action, he's my own little politician in training.

My four year old girl is active, but not quite as active as her brother. She's the diva, drama queen, and has enough attitude for everyone....lol... but she is beautiful and flamboyant and a complete clown. You never know what she's going to say or do. No worries about her being bullied at school, that's for sure! She is a wonderful artist, she loves to colour and draw wherever and whenever she pleases...even if it is the table or the bathroom wall. Apparently sheep and trees look "just beautiful" in the bathroom and purple looks "gorgeous" everywhere. Who needs an interior decorator when you have a four year old.

2 comments:

  1. Sure, it's an overdone line, but, heck, I think it actually helps to hear it every once in a while. Here goes: HANG IN THERE! (<--"Click" to see image.) I, for one, am rooting for you! SF~~~~~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy I hear you sometimes just the comments alone from other moms can get me threw the day. Keep it up you'll feel so much better and as I say it's so much easier to laugh then cry, the may leave us a lone if we're laughing like a crazy person ... :)

    ReplyDelete